How do I sign up for a mentor or volunteer position?
If interested, please sign up on http://ieee.toronto.edu/drupal/mentor/msignup
What are the benefits of becoming a mentor?
- great leadership experience ("on resume")
- network and get to know new friends
- free-food throughout the year during events
- subsidy for the dinner on the Mentor Appreciation Day
- a free T-Shirt that identifies you as a mentor
- free U of T pens
What are the responsibilities of a mentor?
- maintaining contact with group of frosh (generally via email)
- responding to frosh in a timely fashion
- participate in events (with free-food)
- helping with events as you are able
What are the differences between mentors/volunteers?
If you would like to be involved in the program, but are uncertain that you can make the time commitment, then there is still opportunity for you to participate as a volunteer. Volunteers are still responsible to show up and/or help out at the events held, but you are not the first point of contact for a group. Rather, you're another person who can be approached at events for advice.